The Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECEs) are responsible for the overall management of the classroom program including planning and implementing an age appropriate program that reflects “How Does Learning Happen”.
The daily program must be inclusive of the following: indoor and outdoor play time with programs and activities based on the observations and interests of the children, care routines, mealtimes, , etc.
• Set up of play areas according to the program plan
• The implementation and supervision of the different activities
• Cleanup of children’s activities and learning areas, after snacks and meals and sanitizing.
• Completion of forms, observations and documentation, programplanning, children’s routines, accidents, etc.
• Supervision of playground, making sure all areas are safe from hazards. (e.g. removal of broken equipment from play areas)
• Provide coverage to maintain legislated ratios at various times of the day, monitoring small groups of children
• Interact with children of various ages in a positive, nurturing and developmentally appropriate manner
• Interact with parents, colleagues and visitors in a professional manner
• Post graduation experience working with and caring for the individual needs of kindergarten and/or school age children as a Registered Early Childhood Educator
• Must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and be a member in good standing.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid standard first aid certification including infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR – Level C) prior to the start of employment.
• Strong ability to work effectively as a team member and accurately follow instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, How Does Learning Happen
• Able to communicate in french a MUST
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
All our employees are obligated to wear a mask and a visor during work. Enhanced cleaning routines and screening are completed.
You can submit your application to: email@example.com