Join our outdoor combination Holistic Alternative School and Forest School.
We have a highly skilled and wonderful staff built up as we reorganize for September. As we grow, we are in search of an exceptional teachers and support staff that are enthusiastic, creative, and self-motivated. Being committed to ongoing learning is very important.
The following positions we are seeking for are:
-Contract Planning time and resource teacher: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30-4:30
-LTO Grade 1/2 Teacher: Monday- Friday 9am-4pm
-LTO Grade 5/6 Teacher: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
LTO POSITIONS start September 9/10 for PD days and September 13 with students. The LTO positions run until the first week of November with the possibility of staying on as a contract a minimum of 21 hours weekly as a contract. (One LTO is hired and flexible on the placement. We are in need of hiring another LTO)
As we grow as a school it is our commitment to support our staff. We are committed to giving paid breaks and planning time, tuition support for staff who wish to have children attend the programs, and professional development opportunities. We are also in the process of growing in ways of benefits and retirement savings.
Our long-term vision is to create a holistic learning environment where children may discover, hone, and freely use the skills they possess innately to pursue their interests; while focusing on providing each student with tools and opportunities to investigate those interests. Together with our students, we wish to co-create a learning environment that reflects their autonomy to learn and to explore their own ideas. Through our school, we hope to inspire a global dialogue about the value of hearing our children’s voices.
Some Roles and Responsibilities:
* plan (or support)(using our curriculum document) an inquiry based program for up to 10 students in specified grades
*Assessment of/for/as learning and collaborating with students to support their growth
* support children in their exploration
* extend students learning by providing resources and being an inquiry facilitator
* model care and respect for nature, animals and children
* be open to learning and a new way of teaching
* be excited to be outdoors almost all day with some dirty and amazingly wonderful students
* ensure the safety of children while engaged in both farm and forest play, in closeness to animals, water, natural hazards and farm equipment
* communicate regularly with your co-teacher(s) and parents
* attend educator meetings and professional development related events
The ideal candidate will:
* be knowledgeable or open to learning of: forest eco systems, wildlife tracking, edible and medicinal plants, navigation, bird language, insects, vegetation, farm and gardening
* Enthusiastically and comfortably be outside in all weather conditions and adapt plans accordingly
* be willing to learn and improve upon teaching, child development understanding, and outdoor skills
*use our School curriculum as a guide for planning and implementation of lessons alongside student interest
* Ontario Certified Teacher, Ece or equivalent
* 1-2 years of experience with children and an eagerness to explore nature-based education with children
* Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
* Vulnerable Sector Check required by date of hire
* If you feel that you can bring your individual strengths to our school and program but don’t have all qualifications, please feel free to reach out
Located in Harriston a Ontario on an Organic Farm with a Forest
Please send your resume, 3 professional references, and a letter of interest.