Under the direction of the Principal/Vice-Principal, uncertified casual occasional teachers support students within the classroom, provide supervision and must be able to respond appropriately when issues arise. The incumbent will be responsible for delivering interactive lessons, and provide support virtually as required.
The uncertified casual occasional teacher must possess an understanding of and a willingness to support the mission of a Catholic School system.
· University Graduates or individuals enrolled in a Faculty of Education.
· Ability to ensure the safety and security of students.
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students.
· Willingness to work with students with differing needs and capabilities.
· Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of student information.
· Ability to work with students with different cultural and language backgrounds.
· Ability to work as a team player, follow instructions and use initiative.
· Excellent computer skills, communication skills and organizational skills.
· Experience working/volunteering with children and adolescents.
· Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
· An updated résumé and cover letter.
· A minimum of two professional letters of reference.
· A current positive Pastoral Letter of Reference (dated within the last year).
· A current original Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within one year).
· Successful Applicants MUST provide proof of (1 step) TB Test (dated within 1 year).
Location: Elementary and Secondary Catholic Schools within the Greater Hamilton Area.
Hours/days of work are based on the needs of the Board. School start/end times vary.
Salary: $125.00 Per day
How to Apply: Please complete your online application on Apply to Education and upload all documents as per the application package above.
Note: Preference will be given to candidates enrolled in faculty of education or graduates of faculty of education.
Posting Contact: Nancy Gojsic - Human Resources Department Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools and administrative sites within the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board (HWCDSB) give witness to the truth that Jesus Christ is the foundation and the heart of Catholic Education and the centre of its community. Central to this vibrant and student focused system is a vision of students as uniquely created in the image of God. This commitment is expressed and realized in the Board’s Mission which is: “In union with our Bishop, to enable all learners to realize the fullness of humanity of which our Lord Jesus Christ is the model” The HWCDSB is also an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), please advise Human Resources (or the hiring manager) if you require an accommodation if you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity.
Applicants shall submit a resume that outlines skills, abilities, qualifications, course documentation, letter of application, and letters of recommendation from immediate supervisor and/or past supervisor. Submit your resume (1 attachment only) and other required documentation to www.applytoeducation.ca.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for the employee recruitment and selection process.