• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
• Use of data to inform decisions to improve student success and achievement
• Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
• Outcome based instruction and assessment
• Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
• Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
• Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have completed a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
• Strong background in Elementary Education and teaching in the core subject areas of English Language Arts, Math and Science
• Recent teaching experience in a K-12 environment
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT Curricula in Language Arts and related areas
• Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
• Training in Literacy and Numeracy
• Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated Instruction
• Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction.
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $84,669 to $132,694 per annum) plus an annual pro-rated Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council
Bag Service # 12
Inuvik, NT X0E-0T0