Permanent position, Full-time.
Do you love working with children and youth? Would you like to further your education to become a Waldorf-certified teacher?
We invite you to join our beautiful mountain resort lifestyle and school community in Whistler, BC, while immersing yourself in a career
of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. Whistler Waldorf School is seeking an experienced High
School Physics and Math Teacher for a permanent position to teach 1 FTE (full-time equivalent) of Physics/Math classes in our Senior
High School program. In addition to our very competitive wages, WWS also offers its’ faculty professional development, a balanced
lifestyle with summer and school holiday breaks, and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children (dependent on
This position offers successful candidates:
• Competitive wages commensurate with experience and education.
• Compensation package including medical/dental benefits, life and disability insurance (based on specific hours.)
• Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-k-Grade 12 programs), dependent on contracted hours.
• An Inspiring and creative work environment with mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and
community/group teaching opportunities.
The perfect candidate will be:
• Fully certified (or be eligible to apply for a license) to practice teaching with a BC Teaching Certificate (through
the Ministry of Education’s teacher regulation branch), with a Bachelor of Physics, Science, Mathematical
Sciences, or equivalent university graduation/specialization.
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education or have a willingness to become Waldorf teacher trained.
• Qualified with 2+ years of teaching experience; a French language specialty &/or second teachable subject.
• Collaborative and have excellent communication skills with the ability to foster professional relationships
between teacher & parents and work well with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada &/or apply for a work permit or be a Canadian citizen/resident*.
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note: WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy.
More about this opportunity with WWS & Moving to Whistler:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational, non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. Our faculty & staff
support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social emotional success. Join a strong team of teachers who foster student engagement and instill a curiosity for science through a demanding
and experiential curriculum. The successful candidate should both be familiar with classic experiments in Physics/Math and have a
willingness to explore new ways of presenting material by embedding experiential education into the classroom environment through
exposure to the school’s resources and environmental surroundings. The preferred candidate will be committed to a self-reflective
practice and personal development to meet the needs of the students/school. More details at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment