Permanent, 30+ hours a week (2021/22 School year)
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is currently seeking an experienced and permanent School Custodian/Facility Maintenance for our school starting immediately. This position will be at least 30 hours/week with the possibility of full-time hours at certain times during the school year and includes paid vacation during the beautiful summer months.
More about the School Custodian: The school custodian is primarily responsible for the routine cleaning of the school facilities including classrooms, washrooms, offices and common spaces to keep the interiors clean and orderly during the school week. This position looks after school facility maintenance, performing basic repairs and moving office/school furniture, as well as coordinating any contract maintenance that may be required at the last minute. The custodian will adhere to the school’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone and will be responsible for coordinating required cleaning equipment and facility cleaning supplies and inventory.
The perfect candidate will be:
• Experienced in cleaning and maintaining a public facility or business property (Preferably 5 years experience.)
• Strong organizational skills, communication skills and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow and work independently.
• Ability to work effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office would be an asset.
• Previous maintenance experience or handy-person skills would be an asset.
• This position requires the ability to work afternoons/evenings and possibly some weekends. Physically fit with the ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
• A Canadian resident and/or legally entitled to work in Canada. Able to apply and/or have a current Criminal Record Check.
We offer staff:
• Competitive salary based on relevant education and work experience.
• Comprehensive compensation package including health benefits, life/disability insurance, pension support and more.
• Partial tuition remission for those with children may wish to attend the school.
• Professional development opportunities and financial compensation for ongoing training experiences.
How To apply: Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
More about Whistler Waldorf: Whistler Waldorf School is a non-secular, non-denominational, non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. We invite you to live the mountain resort lifestyle while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. You will notice the difference as soon as you visit Whistler Waldorf School. Our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. More details at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment