Permanent, Part-time Position
Do you love working with children? Would you like to further your education to become a Waldorf-certified teacher? Are you looking for a climate of trust and collaboration?
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking an experienced part-time, Early Childhood Education Teacher to provide teaching and support in our Early Years Program at the Early Years Centre in Spring Creek.
WWS offers faculty & Staff:
Highly Competitive Wages & Full Benefits
Tuition remission for those with children
Professional development and financial support for ongoing training
A supportive & collaborative team environment
Opportunities for advancement
More about the Early Years Teacher: The role of the Early Years Teacher is to uphold a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured, creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature.
The perfect candidate will be:
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education and/or have a willingness to become Waldorf teacher trained.
• Fully certified with (or be eligible to apply for) a license to practice ECE with an B.C. ECE (through B.C.’s Ministry of Children & Family). Ideally, also have a B.C. Teaching Cert. through the teacher regulation branch.
• Able to foster professional relationships between teacher/ parents to support students’ best interest and work collaboratively with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• Committed to a self-reflective practice and personal development to meet needs of your students/school.
• A Canadian resident and/or legally entitled to work in Canada and have a current Criminal Record Check.
• Certified with a B.C. Standard First Aid Certificate for working with young children.
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
More about the School: Whistler Waldorf School is a non- secular, non-denominational, non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. Our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. We also offer mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and ongoing professional development opportunities. The preferred candidate will be committed to a self-reflective practice and personal development to meet the needs of the students/school. We invite you to live the mountain resort lifestyle while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. More details at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment