Temporary, Full-time Maternity Leave Position (2021/22 School Year)
Do you love working with children and youth? Would you like to further your teaching career in Waldorf Education?
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is currently seeking an experienced teacher or administrator to work as our High School Chair & Teacher for the 2021/22 school year with the possibility of a teacher extension for future years. The Chair position is part-time but can be combined with part-time teaching in possibly Sciences, French or Fine Arts. Ideally the candidate would be available for administrative training in late August for a September 2021 start – June 30, 2022.
Join a strong team of experienced and engaged teachers and administrative staff at WWS and serve a key leadership role in the operational management team. With strong communication, team building and problem-solving skills, the High School Chair is responsible for providing administrative and educational leadership within the High School in order to support the mission, vision and values of Whistler Waldorf School. This preferred teacher will have 8+ years teaching experience; Waldorf school experience and 5+ years of leadership experience.
The perfect candidate will be:
• Fully certified (or be eligible to apply for a license) to practice teaching with a BC Teaching Certificate (through the BC Ministry of Ed.’s teacher regulation branch), with a Bach. of Ed. or equivalent university graduation.
• Excellent professional and collaborative skills with the ability to foster professional relationships between teacher & parents and work well with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education or have a willingness to become Waldorf teacher trained is a plus.
• Qualified with 8+ years of teaching experience; applicable administrative/management diplomas; a French language speciality &/or teachable subject is a plus.
• Canadian citizenship/residency or be legally entitled to work in Canada &/or apply for a work permit.
We offer teachers and staff:
• Full comprehensive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, pension support and more based on a full-time equivalency ratio.
• Competitive salary based on relevant education and work experience.
• Professional development opportunities, training and financial compensation for ongoing education experiences.
• Partial tuition remission for those with children may wish to attend the school.
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *Please note: WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for the vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy.
More about WWS & Living in Whistler, BC:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational and non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. Come live the mountain resort lifestyle in Whistler, BC, while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. Whistler is located about one-and-a-half-hour drive north of Vancouver and is one of North America’s premier mountain resorts. It offers some of the best downhill and Nordic skiing in the world, as well as miles of biking and hiking trails, five beautiful mountain lakes, an active arts and social community of over 10,000. At WWS, our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. More details on teaching in Whistler and at WWS at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment