Temporary, Full-time Maternity Leave Position (2021/22 School Year)
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is currently seeking an experienced Admin. Coordinator or trained Teacher, EA or TA who may have both office and educational experience to help with the coordination of primarily our High School program for the 2021/22 school year. In addition to our very competitive wages, WWS also offers its’ faculty professional development, a balanced lifestyle with summer and school holiday breaks, and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children (dependent on contracted hours).
Join a strong team of experienced and engaged teachers and administrative staff at WWS. With strong communication, team building and problem-solving skills, the Educational Admin Coordinator will support and help coordinate administrative needs for the educational team and faculty. Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters.
The perfect candidate will be:
• Excellent professional and collaborative skills with the ability to foster professional relationships with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• Qualified with 2+ years of office administrative and coordination experience working with a team.
• Experienced with a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent post-secondary graduation diploma or technical certificate.
• Canadian citizenship/residency or be legally entitled to work in Canada &/or apply for a work permit.
• Trained Teacher and/or a trained Teacher/Educational Assistant (BC certification not required). A French language specialty &/or teachable main subject is a plus.
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education or may be willing to become Waldorf teacher trained is a plus.
• Previous administrator for a non-profit, school, daycare or education-based organization.
WWS offers teachers and staff:
• Full comprehensive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, pension support and more based on a full-time equivalency ratio.
• Competitive salary based on relevant education and work experience.
• Professional development opportunities, training and financial compensation for ongoing education experiences.
• Partial tuition remission for those with children may wish to attend the school.
More about WWS & Living in Whistler, BC:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational and non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. Come live the mountain resort lifestyle in Whistler, BC, while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. Whistler is located north of Vancouver and is one of North America’s premier mountain resorts. It offers some of the best downhill and Nordic skiing in the world, as well as miles of biking and hiking trails, mountain lakes and an active arts and social community of over 10,000. At WWS, our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration.
More details on teaching in Whistler and at WWS at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
*Please Note: Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for the vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy.