Hours - Monday to Friday, 12:00pm to 5:30pm. This is a temporary position to June 30, 2022.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
• Helping with the behaviour management of the students.
• Carrying out duties as requested by the teachers or Director, Junior School.
• Supporting individual students and groups of students within the school environment.
• Attending meetings and school activities as required.
• Supervising outdoor breaks, lunchroom and after school care.
• Communicating and interacting with teachers and the Director.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications include
• Minimum two years of post-secondary training as an Early Childhood Educator or equivalent.
• Specific post-secondary courses in child or adolescent development, behaviour management or equivalent.
• Certificate in Early Childhood Education (ECE) required.
• 2-3 years proven experience and excellence in working in schools and/or with young students.
• Ability to deal with interpersonal conflicts between students and to support their social-emotional health and well-being.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills in working with colleagues, students and parents.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with others within the school context.
• Strong creative and organizational skills.
• Flexible to work in a busy and dynamic environment.
• Actively support the vision, mission and values of our School.