St. James Catholic School
0.2 FTE Classroom Teacher
St. James Catholic School is located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. The school enrolls approximately 180 students from Kindergarten to Grade Seven. For the 2021 - 2022 school year, we are seeking a skilled, qualified candidate to join our team as a 0.2 FTE teacher in an anticipated Grade 6 classroom. This vacancy is covering a leave for the 2021/22 school year. This position commences September 1, 2021 and concludes June 30, 2022.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• active membership in a Catholic parish
• commitment to excellence in Catholic education
• Bachelor of Education
• Valid BC certification
• Demonstrated successful experience in elementary instruction
• Well-versed in the ability to integrate Catholic teaching and culture in the classroom
• Aptitude to differentiate instruction based on student needs
• Knowledge of current instructional practices and the renewed curriculum
• Experience using innovative teaching methods in intermediate classrooms, that may include remote learning experiences
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of current instructional strategies and assessment methods
• Excellent and proven classroom management skills
• Exceptional communication strategies with students, staff and parents
• a genuine sense of joy in teaching and learning
• the desire to provide leadership of extracurricular activities
For further information about the position, please contact Paul Rossetti at 250-542-4081 or at email@example.com .
Interested INTERNAL candidates should submit a cover letter noting their experience, an updated Pastoral Reference Form and resume. Please include the contact information of two (2) current professional references (one of which is from an immediate supervisor).
Interested EXTERNAL candidates should submit:
• a cover letter noting their experience, commitment to and philosophy of Catholic education;
• a CISKD Teacher application form along with its required supportive documentation; and
• a Confidential Pastoral Reference Form partially completed by the applicant before sharing it with the Catholic pastor for completion and submission to CISKD
The CISKD Teacher application form and Confidential Pastoral Reference Form may be obtained from www.ciskd.ca/careers . Please note the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form is sent directly from the pastor to firstname.lastname@example.org . Completed applications with supporting documentation shall be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Christopher Yuen, at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.