We are seeking a part-time Orton-Gillingham (OG) trained instructor to join our After3 team. As a member of the FAx After3 team you will work with students K-12 who have language-based learning disabilities such as dyslexia. You will create individualized student lesson plans to support students in reading, spelling, writing and comprehension. Lessons are personalized to each student and based on students' individual learning profiles.
Position Type: Part-time
Reports to: Jo Stebbings, After3 Coordinators
• Work 1:1 with students after school Monday to Thursday from 4:00 to 7:00 pm
• Sessions are 50 minutes and a minimum of two times per week.
• Design and implement lessons following tenets of Orton Gillingham and mediated instruction
• Create individual student lesson plans based on student IEP/profile
• Be familiar with psycho-educational assessments
• Participate in professional development opportunities
• Complete twice yearly progress reports
• Attend meetings as required
• Provide written and oral communication with parents
• Provide a structured, flexible, enthusiastic learning experience for students
• Thrive in a collaborative, supportive team environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• An active commitment to ongoing professional growth
• Exemplary communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (students, colleagues, and parents)
• Orton Gillingham Certification
• 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Psychology or Special Education)
• Experience working with students who have learning differences preferred.
Please apply online.