The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family . We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY WORK WITH THE CISVA
- Work in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
St. Jude School located in East Vancouver and close to the Renfrew Skytrain Station is looking for a full-time qualified Educational Assistant who can also support EAL students. This position will entail supporting students at the upper elementary level with learning disabilities and those who are learning English as an additional language. Applicants will need to undergo a criminal record check upon acceptance of the position. Applicants must have completed Grade 12 or equivalent. Experience working with students and/or adults with exceptionalities as well as EA certification and/or TESL or equivalent certification is preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support students to maximize participation and learning in an inclusive environment
- Assist teachers in designing and implementing individualized or group communication skills, behavioural support, learning support
- Assist in the collection of data, including observations and recording of academic and behavioural progress
- Participate in school-based team meetings and IEP meetings as required
- Provide lessons and curriculum support to EAL students at the elementary level
To apply , please upload your resume, cover letter, Catholic Pastoral Reference (see below), and any supporting documentation to your Make A Future profile. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants)
- Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
*** For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to email@example.com