The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family . We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY WORK WITH THE CISVA
- Work in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
École St-Sacrement is a Roman Catholic, French Immersion elementary school (K-7) with over 200 students, situated near Vancouver General Hospital in an historically French-Canadian neighbourhood next to Vancouver's only Francophone church, Paroisse St-Sacrement, and a short commute to the downtown core and many of Vancouver's best beaches, parks, shops, and other attractions. At our school, parents participate actively in various school events and/or routine duties, logging 30 hours per year. Belonging to the Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese, Blessed Sacrament emphasizes educating the whole child: spiritually, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. Learn more about us: www.ecolesaintsacrement.ca
French Language knowledge is an asset as we are a Catholic French Immersion School. Certified Educational Assistant is an advantage. Work experience with special needs students also highly considered.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter, Catholic Pastoral Reference (see below), and any supporting documentation to the school's Principal, Reine Mykyte at firstname.lastname@example.org. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants)
- Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
*** For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to email@example.com