Sikh Academy is a progressive elementary school located in two state of the art campuses in the heart of Surrey BC. Exceptional academic, arts, athletic and community enrichment service programs are offered to its students from K to Grade 7.
Our diverse staff is committed to providing an enriching and well-rounded educational experience for our students, which goes beyond the walls and time frames of the traditional classroom. Sikh Academy is committed to providing a competitive compensation package for its staff to ensure program delivery remains at the leading edge of educational practice.
We invite applications from dynamic, experienced and innovative teachers, along with new graduates, to join our energetic faculty. Experience in teaching will be considered an asset and successful applicants will be expected to integrate technology into their teaching, demonstrate commitment to student-centered success, work well in a team environment, and be eligible to teach in BC.
Sikh Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We invite applicants from all cultural backgrounds, faiths, and beliefs to apply. Adoption or teaching of the Sikh faith is not a requirement to work at Sikh Academy
Sikh Academy – Elementary Teacher Position
Sikh Academy is inviting candidates to apply for a full-time Elementary teacher position and join our enthusiastic team at Sikh Academy with a primary focus of creating a caring student centered learning environment for our students.
Working in a collaborative environment, you will contribute as a member of the SA team by:
teaching all areas of the elementary curriculum, as per the BC Ministry Guidelines and the new BC Curriculum;
· creating a positive and caring learning environment
· integrating teaching practices and strategies that consider the new BC Curriculum
· planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
· motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
· developing and implementing positive classroom management strategies
· meeting requirements for effective assessment of students’ development (including record keeping)
· coordinating activities and resources and supporting colleagues in the delivery of the curriculum;
· working with others to plan and coordinate work;
· keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum and teaching strategies;
· organizing and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place outside school hours;
· liaising with colleagues and working flexibly
· working with parents and administrators to maximize opportunities for students
performing other duties and responsibilities that may arise within the school and the capacity of the teacher within the TRB guidelines to provide enhanced learning opportunities for students
All applicants must have completed their education in North America, hold a Professional Teaching Certificate that is valid in British Columbia, and communicate fluently in English.
Positions available for KG, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
If you are interested, please submit the following information in your application:
Resume & Cover Letter
· References (3)
· Teacher Evaluation Reports and/or Practicum Reports
· Copies of official university transcripts
· Copy of your Teacher Certificate/Confirmation of Valid Certificate
Copy of your TQS Category card (if applicable)
Application and all attachments can be forwarded to the following:
Sikh Academy Administration - Teacher Application
12895 85 Avenue
We thank all applicants for their interest in Sikh Academy; however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Sikh Academy offers a competitive compensation plan, with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, etc,) for full time teachers.