Position: Part Time Librarian / Library Technician (two or three days a week)
Start/End Date: September 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
· Are technologically literate and preferably have knowledge of computer technology applications to maintain library systems (or who can easily learn how to)
· Have the ability to effectively review books and multi-media resources that align with the values of Islam and the philosophy and principles of the Az-Zahraa Islamic Academy
· Have a strong foundation in Islamic Education
· Show strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain a library space
· Can work efficiently and quickly with multiple tasks on hand
· Are familiar with children’s literature and resources (or who can learn)
· Skills/interests in creating and promoting programs to build enthusiasm for reading and learning in general
· Can effectively communicate and work as a team member to ensure a shared sense of mission and purpose among students, staff and parents
· The Library Technician will be expected to conduct basic library routines and practices (ie. cataloguing, selection and purchase of resources, reference services and library administration). They will also assist students and teachers with the selection of age / level appropriate print and digital resources, research and citation skills, teach about academic integrity, etc. The Library Technician will also be responsible for choosing and purchasing materials appropriate for the library according to Islamic values, as well as running library programs.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application deadline: Open until filled