Position: Full-Time Education Assistant, K-9 experience (Part-Time may be considered)
Start/End Date: Immediately to June 30, 2022.
Az-Zahraa Islamic Academy (Richmond) is seeking an Education Assistant to provide educational and
functional support to students with special needs, in and out of the classroom. Educational Assistants
participate in the implementation of the educational, emotional, social and physical programs for
students. The required qualifications for this position are: - a certificate in a Special Education Assistant
program from a recognized institution, including a successful supervised practicum component at an
Additionally, you should be Muslim, or have a strong background in Islam to be able to confidently work
with students in the school’s locally developed Salaat program.
A successful candidate would include:
• Supporting the Islamic philosophy and principles of Az-Zahraa Islamic Academy
• The ability to work effectively with a full range of students, including students with special needs,
utilizing specific skills and training.
• The ability to provide intellectual, behaviour and functional support at grade 4-9 levels.
• The ability to use patience, tolerance and understanding in developing and maintaining a rapport with
students and in resolving problems or conflicts that may arise.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, administrators
and outside agencies.
• The ability to organize workload, work under periodic pressure and complete assignments with
• The ability to perform physical activities, such as, lifting, transferring and assisting students in a variety
of activities and providing personal care as necessary.
• The ability to deliver the locally developed Salaat program to a primary or intermediate grade.
Please submit a cover letter and recent resume along with proof of courses and practicum reports and
include email addresses of two sponsor teachers or EA mentors supervisors as professional references.
All interested applicants are welcome to apply, however, only those being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: December 10, 2021