The LRT is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating appropriate and effective individualized education programs, which are based on evidenced-based best practices framework for students with developmental delays, significant learning and/or behavior challenges. The successful applicant must demonstrate an understanding of the RTI model and differentiated instructional models of support and be committed to striving for inclusive learning opportunities for students. This is anticipated to be a 0.8 FTE position with an additional teaching assignment, effective September 1, 2021.
Preference will be given to fully qualified and experienced Learning Resource Teacher candidates with demonstrated competencies in addressing a wide range of students needs and who meet the following criteria:
• Active in a Catholic parish and committed to excellence in Catholic education
• Valid TRB certification
• Degree or course work in special education/inclusive education
• Display a positive and caring approach to students
• Exceptional communication skills
• Excellent ability to establish effective school-based teams and in coordinating the work of educational assistants and other relevant personnel and community partners
• Above average competencies in facilitating effective schedules, case management and the understanding of assessment for learning practices that support all learners.
• Demonstrate exceptional organization, time management, communication and prioritization skills
• Experience collaborating and liaising with outside organizations, specialists and teams.
• Familiarity with BCs New Curriculum
For further information about this position, please contact the school Principal, Amanda Gilmore: email@example.com or phone at 250-992-6237.
Interested INTERNAL candidates should submit a cover letter noting their experience, an updated Pastoral Reference Form and resume. Please include the contact information of two (2) current professional references (one of whom is from an immediate supervisor).
EXTERNAL candidates may locate the CISKD Support Staff application form and Confidential Pastoral Reference Form at www.ciskd.ca/careers. Please note that the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form required for all applicants is sent directly from the Catholic pastor to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications with supporting documentation shall be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Christopher Yuen, at email@example.com .
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted