Preference will be given to candidates who are:
• active membership in a Catholic parish
• commitment to excellence in Catholic education
• Bachelor of Education
• Valid BC certification
• Demonstrated successful experience in elementary instruction
• Well-versed in the ability to integrate Catholic teaching and culture in the classroom
• Aptitude to differentiate instruction based on student needs
• Knowledge of current instructional practices and the renewed curriculum
• Experience using innovative teaching methods in intermediate classrooms, that may include remote learning experiences
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of current instructional strategies and assessment methods
• Excellent and proven classroom management skills
• Exceptional communication strategies with students, staff and parents
• a genuine sense of joy in teaching and learning
• the desire to provide leadership of extracurricular activities
For further information about this position, please contact the School Principal, Amanda Gilmore: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 250-992-6237.
Interested INTERNAL candidates should submit a cover letter noting their experience, an updated Pastoral Reference Form and resume. Please include the contact information of two (2) current professional references (one of which is from an immediate supervisor).
Interested EXTERNAL candidates should submit:
• a cover letter noting their experience, commitment to and philosophy of Catholic education;
• a CISKD Teacher application form along with its required supportive documentation; and,
• a Confidential Pastoral Reference Form, completed by a Catholic pastor for all Teacher applicants.
The CISKD Teacher application form and Confidential Pastoral Reference Form may be retrieved from www.ciskd.ca/careers . Please note that the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form is sent directly from the pastor to email@example.com .
Completed applications with supporting documentation shall be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Christopher Yuen, at firstname.lastname@example.org . CISKD thanks all applicants in advance, only those shortlisted shall be contacted. This posting remains open until filled.