As a leading private school in British Columbia, Murrayville Academy’s exceptional approach motivates children to acquire intellectual, personal and social skills. Our school provides stimulating educational programs for our students from toddler to grade seven in beautiful historic Murrayville, Langley.
Murrayville Academy and Early Learning Centre is a private, non-denominational, independent school that offers comprehensive and enriched preschool, primary and elementary programs that aim to educate children for life. We are committed to guide each child’s quest to reach his or her social, emotional and academic potential within a diverse, nurturing learning community.
We are currently accepting applications for a Job Share Grade 4/5 Teacher for the 2021 – 2022 school year. Further your career by becoming part of our future!
Certified Elementary Teacher
Location: Langley, B.C.
Closing Date: Open until the position is filled
Expected Start Date: August 30, 2021
This teaching position offers the opportunity to teach within the framework for curriculum and assessment outlined by the B.C. Ministry of Education. We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who models open-mindedness, collaboration, and commitment to excellence. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and willingness to teach cross-curricular subjects following B.C.’s new curriculum standards. He or she will have a demonstrated ability to build successful educational relationships with children and their families. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with master teachers with a Master’s Degree in Education and many years of experience.
Candidates with elementary aged children may be entitled to receive a partial tuition bursary for their child for 2021 - 2022 school year.
· Lead the execution of an elementary classroom in a manner that effectively and efficiently achieves school’s objectives.
· Ensure educational services follow the intent of the school’s protocols and B.C. Ministry of Education.
· Maintain and foster positive and ongoing communication with students, parents and colleagues.
· Maintain a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of Murrayville Academy.
Minimum Academic Qualifications/Experience
· Valid B.C. Elementary Teaching Certificate is essential
· experience working with children
· excellent communication skills
· clean criminal record check
· Montessori and / or Reggio Emilia Training an asset but not required
Competitive Salary and extended health and long term disability benefits based on education and experience. If you have a dynamic personality, high level of enthusiasm and commitment to provide exceptional care for our families, then we encourage you to apply (please submit application and supporting documents).
Attention: Ms. Kim Nichols, Principal
We would like to thank all interested candidates but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.