The Secretary is a member of the office support team working with parents, students, faculty, staff, administration and other secretaries. The Secretary is responsible for ensuring excellent communication between community members, providing positive service experiences to office visitors, and contributing to an efficient workflow in a busy atmosphere. The Secretary reports to the school Principal.
Duties include and are not limited to:
• Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, collating, sorting, and processing mail
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and order, as required
• Greet parents and visitors cordially and direct them to appropriate personnel
• Ensure account payables are processed in a timely manner
• Manage collections and reimbursements
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
• High School diploma (required)
• Certificate in office management or vocational training as a secretary is preferred
• Five years of office and/or bookkeeping experience is preferred
• Previous experience in a school office setting is an asset
• Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other applicable software, such as Student Information System software (MyEdBC)
• Demonstrate a high attention to detail and organization
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation for diversity
• Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adaptable with skills in critical thinking and planning
• Demonstrate the ability to work as a team player
• Demonstrate the ability to work with short deadlines
As a Catholic school, the teachings of our Catholic faith are integrated into every aspect of the school and therefore candidates who actively practice their faith are highly valued.
For further information, please contact the Principal, Patrick Niwa: email@example.com .
EXTERNAL candidates may locate the CISKD Support Staff application form and Confidential Pastoral Reference Form at www.ciskd.ca/careers, and include in their cover letter their philosophy of Catholic education. Please note the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form required for all applicants is sent directly from the Catholic pastor to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Completed applications with supporting documentation shall be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Christopher Yuen, at email@example.com .
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.