• Maintain both hardware and operating systems on Microsoft Windows server clusters and related infrastructure.
• Receive and respond to incoming technology work orders, and/or requests from Technology Group regarding application problems.
• Collaborate with technicians and network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s servers and cloud computing environment.
• Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex application problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Support and maintain server and file backups and backup infrastructure.
• Accurately document instances of server equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Follow established procedures in own work and advise technology users of appropriate technology security protocols necessary to safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of District information and systems.
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Completion of a minimum two (2) year related diploma from an accredited program.
• At least three years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing Microsoft Windows server environments.
• Relevant certifications in server operating systems like MCSE or similar.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Advanced knowledge of server, desktop and application virtualization using Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare.
• Advanced knowledge of the following: Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Office 365 cloud, SQL, IIS, and PowerShell.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SAS, RAID, and SAN topology.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures. Experience in unionized environment would be an asset.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to attend to emergent issues outside of standard work schedule as required.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Must possess and maintain a valid BC Driver’s License.
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates not currently employed by School District No. 51 (Boundary) must pay a $28 fee and sign a release to permit a criminal record review. Employment with SD51 (Boundary) is subject to passing this criminal record review.
School District 51 thanks all applicants for their interest in applying for this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.