We invite applications for the temporary position of:
* 1.0 FTE Nala'atsi Alternate Program Teacher
* Indigenous Ancestry required
* Please note this temporary assignment will end June 30, 2023 or upon return of the incumbent.
The successful candidate will demonstrate
* Recent teaching experience in grades 10-12 with Indigenous students
* Experience with formative assessment
* Skills and experience with modifying and adapting curriculum
* Knowledge of learning outcomes for Language Arts, Math, Socials and Science
* Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative Indigenous Education Team
* Awareness of Indigenous protocols and world view
* Completion of Level B Testing preferred
* Experience in an alternate school setting would be an asset
Our educational team is committed to engaging learners to develop creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication and social competencies. Our educators use and develop best practices through meaningful and purposeful collaboration and inquiry. As lifelong learners themselves, our educators embrace diversity, apply assessment for learning approaches, and integrate technology in meaningful ways to personalize learning. Successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to embrace and share the district’s commitments outlined above and model its principles in their practice.
School District 71 welcomes diverse candidates and encourages applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity. As an inclusive learning community we are committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, students and community, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply in confidence by submitting a cover letter, resume with supporting documentation and three (3) professional references through www.makeafuture.ca/comox-valley. Only applicants with a complete application package may be considered.
We sincerely thank all applicants for considering us an employer of choice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful applicant will be subject to the terms of the Criminal Review Act.
Thank you for your interest in School District 71 (Comox Valley)
An Equal Opportunity Employer