Competition Number 22-MWC-1
Reporting to the site Program Supervisor, the Educational Assistant is responsible for participation and support in the planning and implementation of early learning / head start programming as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
• Skills and Abilities Surveillance
• IPP Development and Monitoring
• Progress Reporting
• Program Planning and Preparation
• Classroom and Space Design
• Classroom Management
• Program Implementation
• Health and Safety
• Research and Best Practice Continued Competency
• Professional Supervision/Evaluation
• working with children with complex needs (ASD, FAS, Global Delays)
• working with vulnerable populations
• home visitation experience is an asset
• working with pre-school children
• working in multidisciplinary teams
• strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good observational skills
• Ability to adapt to changing environment and multiple priorities
• basic computer skills
• Early Learning and Child Care Diploma, Special Needs Educational Assistant Diploma, Speech Language Pathologist Assistant Diploma, Rehabilitation Practitioner Diploma or equivalent
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Food Sanitation and Hygiene Certificate and WHMIS training/certification (asset)
• Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record check, a child intervention check, and First Aid with Childcare
• This position is for 10 months/year having breaks matching a standard school year (2 weeks during Christmas and 1 week over Spring break)
• Working conditions will include varied hours and working with children in classroom, during outdoor play, and on field trips.
$18.39 - $22.97 per hour
Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
40 hrs/week with ½ hr paid lunch
Type of Position
Why Work with ABC Head Start Society?
• For qualifying positions, competitive extended health benefits package including RRSP contribution
• Commitment to work-life balance
• Opportunity for professional growth both individually and as part of a team
• Ongoing professional development provided both internally, and from professional bodies
• Work collaboratively with a diverse and inclusive team
• Rewarding client relationships and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our culturally diverse children and families
ABC Head Start Society thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.