Our program offers a variety of programming options including individualized and small group programming, as well as opportunities for coaching parents and team collaboration. All Psychologists work collaboratively in planning and delivering programming.
Working with a supportive, progressive multi-disciplinary team
Assessment and programming for preschool-aged children with a variety of needs
Participation in the development of Individualized Program Plans (IPPs) and Behaviour Support Plan
Work collaboratively in community preschools and small groups settings with all team members including families, Preschool teachers, and Program Support Assistants (PSAs)
To team with families in the development of the IPP, review and monitor goals and progress throughout the year
Contributing to ongoing Program Support Assistant training
Competitive salary (comparable to AHS and School boards)
Laptop and supplies/materials provided
The ideal candidate will:
Have strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skill
Be able to work independently AND as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Have excellent time management skills
Experience in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of diagnostic, psychometric and behavioral tests for children ages 2-6 who may be suspected to have a range of cognitive, behavioral, and/or developmental disorders, including Autism Spectrum Disorder. Experience in the administration of the ADI-R, ADOS-2, and WPPSI-IV are considered an asset.
Ability to meet the physical demands of the children and learning environment
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Psychology or equivalent
- Registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP)
- Able to complete formalized diagnostic assessments (eg. ADOS, BASC, ADI-R)
- Have a valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, and willingness to travel
- Lifting and carrying demands may be required; the ability to bend at the waist, stoop, twist, stand, walk and sit frequently. The ability to lift/push/pull/carry between 10 to 50 lbs.
- Current Police Information Check (Vulnerable sector, must be within the last 6 months)