Diversity 101: LGBTQI2S+ Primer
Workshop back by popular demand! Learn how to incorporate Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity inclusive practices into your classroom.
Event Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Time: 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM EST
Back by popular demand!
Are you confident you have the knowledge to create a gender-inclusive class environment?
This informative workshop will explore how incorporating Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Inclusive practice can positively impact student well-being, a sense of belonging, and success for all students from Kindergarten to grade 12.
Participants will receive practical and research-based content covering the “What, Why, Who, and How?” of SOGI inclusive education that you may not have received in your educator training.
Workshop topics will include:
- Defining LGBTQ2S+ and SOGI: Terminology and Language
- Understanding Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Dress and gender expression
- Pronouns, names
- Greetings, inclusive language
- Starting young – age appropriate classroom resources, books, activities
- Avoiding Stereotypes
- Strategies to deal with homophobic slurs and bullying
- GSA’s (Gay Straight Alliances)/ Diversity Clubs
- Creating safer spaces – washrooms, change rooms, libraries
- Working with parents
- Navigating difficult conversations: conflicting cultural and faith-based values
- Supporting students who are transitioning
Who should attend:
This workshop is intended for educators who are at the beginning stages of exploring Diversity within the school environment. We will create a safe space to share ready-made, user-friendly curricular resources, lesson plans, videos, and activities to use at all levels. You will leave with more knowledge and confidence with practical ideas and resources to make your classroom more inclusive starting tomorrow!
Attendees will receive an eBook containing helpful resources after the event and a certificate for their professional development portfolios. The Recording will be available if participants miss the live webinar.
$129 + tax for one session
Recordings will be available if participants miss the live webinar. There are no refunds.