The Quesnel School District which is located in the City of Quesnel in central British Columbia, 125 km south of Prince George, is seeking a School Psychologist. This would be a full-time continuing position with salary and benefits as provided by the collective agreement with the teacher's association.
The successful applicant will require a Masters Degree in School Psychology, Educational Psychology or equivalent and recent successful experience as a School Psychologist. Certification as a teacher would be an asset. Other considerations will include:
- Training and recent experience in providing psych-educational assessments for students (Level C as per Ministry guidelines)
- Eligible for certification in the BC Association of School Psychologists
- Proven experience in the development of positive, collaborative and consultative relationships with students, parents,
colleagues and other staff;
- Knowledge and skills in the identification procedures and program planning for students with special needs including autism,
other development disorders, learning disabilities and behavioural disorders;
- The ability to write clear and effective reports with appropriate school based recommendations
- The ability to provide school based in-service to teachers and other staff members;
- Current knowledge and strategies for the teaching of literacy and numeracy skills to students experiencing learning difficulties;
- The ability to assist school personnel in the writing of effective IEPs;
- Be a strong advocate for students with special needs and students with different learning needs;
- The ability to use technology effectively and efficiently; and - Valid BC Driver’s License and appropriate means of transportation.
The Quesnel School District is an equal opportunity employer.