The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of school buildings and equipment; ensuring compliance with Board, local and provincial government operational and health and safety standards.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
· Must be compliant with H & S guidelines
· Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Industrial establishments
· Must have updated WHMIS training
· Good interpersonal skills in dealing with adolescents and the general public.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to prioritize the completion of custodial activities within assigned area in the school.
Interested applicants must forward a cover letter, the names of three (3) individuals who can be contacted for a professional reference and resume indicating qualifications, education and experience through www.applytoeducation.ca. A Pastoral Reference is not required.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process upon request. Accommodation queries should be directed to the Human Resources Department at (705) 722-3555 ext. 233.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, new employees to SMCDSB are required, by legislation, to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Brian Beal Maria Hardie
Director of Education Board Chair