The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of school buildings and equipment; ensuring compliance with Board, local and provincial government operational and health and safety standards.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
· Must be compliant with H & S guidelines
· Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Industrial establishments
· Must have updated WHMIS training
· Good interpersonal skills in dealing with adolescents and the general public.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to prioritize the completion of custodial activities within assigned area in the school.
Interested applicants must forward a cover letter, the names of three (3) individuals who can be contacted for a professional reference and resume indicating qualifications, education and experience through www.applytoeducation.ca. A Pastoral Reference is not required.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, new employees to SMCDSB are required, by legislation, to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Brian Beal Maria Hardie
Director of Education Board Chair