GREATER ESSEX COUNTY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
The Greater Essex County District School Board invites applications from persons with the required qualifications for the temporary Bargaining Unit position of:
TEMPORARY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN
All successful applicants will be required to be available for day-to-day casual replacement and long-term assignments at various locations throughout Essex County and the City of Windsor.
- Successful completion of a Computer/Information Technology program at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years work-related experience, of which 1-2 years is in network, software, and troubleshooting, and resolution specific in PC platform.
- Experience in Mac platform is considered an asset.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as participate as a team member.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for travel throughout Essex County is necessary.
- Installation and upgrades of various hardware, software and operating system components for the desktop workstations, servers and peripherals.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of local area networks.
- Performance of related administrative tasks, such as daily updating of the call log.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply in writing, giving full particulars as to education, qualifications and experience by visiting www.applytoeducation.com, please note there is no fee to apply to this position. You must apply under the actual job posting number 293490. In support of the Board’s signed Indigenous Protocol, applicants of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit descent may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please choose one submission method only. No other form of application will be accepted from external candidates.
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, the Greater Essex County District School Board welcomes and encourages applicants from a broad range of cultural, ethnic, racial and gender identities, as well as from people with disabilities to apply and self-identify. We will make the necessary accommodations for applicants to support all aspects of the recruitment process under AODA. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require assistance with any accommodations.