The School Office Assistant works with other school office staff to provide administrative and secretarial support within a school setting. Duties can include: preparation and/or typing of correspondence, completion of reports and documents, maintenance of files and records, answering and/or directing enquiries as per board/school policy.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Two year College Diploma or equivalent combination of secretarial courses and up to three years of relevant secretarial experience in a school or related position.
· Excellent secretarial and communication skills
· Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding, computer and word processing skills, particularly in the Windows system environment, utilizing programs such as Word, e-mail systems, Quicken Accounting,
· Spreadsheet and Database applications. Previous exposure in working with SDS and eSIS is desirable.
· Familiarity with office equipment including; photocopier, facsimile, public address system, and multi-line phone system.
· Effective interpersonal skills , an ability to work co-operatively and independently, proven time management, scheduling and organizational skills
· First Aid Certification would be an asset
Interested applicants must forward a cover letter, the names of three (3) individuals who can be contacted for a professional reference and resume indicating qualifications, education and experience through www.applytoeducation.ca. A Pastoral Reference is not required.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, new employees to SMCDSB are required, by legislation, to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Brian Beal Maria Hardie
Director of Education Board Chair