The School Office Assistant works with other school office staff to provide administrative and secretarial support within a school setting. Duties can include: preparation and/or typing of correspondence, completion of reports and documents, maintenance of files and records, answering and/or directing enquiries as per board/school policy.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Two year College Diploma or equivalent combination of secretarial courses and up to three years of relevant secretarial experience in a school or related position.
· Excellent secretarial and communication skills
· Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding, computer and word processing skills, particularly in the Windows system environment, utilizing programs such as Word, e-mail systems, Quicken Accounting,
· Spreadsheet and Database applications. Previous exposure in working with SDS and eSIS is desirable.
· Familiarity with office equipment including; photocopier, facsimile, public address system, and multi-line phone system.
· Effective interpersonal skills , an ability to work co-operatively and independently, proven time management, scheduling and organizational skills
· First Aid Certification would be an asset
Interested applicants must forward a cover letter, the names of three (3) individuals who can be contacted for a professional reference and resume indicating qualifications, education and experience through www.applytoeducation.ca. A Pastoral Reference is not required.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process upon request. Accommodation queries should be directed to the Human Resources Department at (705) 722-3555 ext. 233.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, new employees to SMCDSB are required, by legislation, to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Brian Beal Maria Hardie
Director of Education Board Chair