Temporary Support Staff
Job Code: 293492
Greater Essex County District School Board
Closing Date: Ongoing
  Posted on: Jan 26, 2020 
Job Type:
Job Category:
ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.
Mandatory Document:
Cover Letter
Start Date: 
End Date: 
Job Description & Requirements



The Greater Essex County District School Board invites application packages from persons qualified for the position of Temporary Support Staff.  All successful applicants will be required to be available for day-to-day casual replacement and long-term assignments at various locations throughout Essex County and the City of Windsor. 


Preference will be given to those applicants holding certificates from an accredited college for the successful completion of the following programs: Support Worker – Hearing Impaired, Developmental Service Worker, Child Youth Worker, Early Childhood Educator, as well as other related specialized training and/or certification. 


All applicants should possess demonstrable experience and competence in dealing with special needs students in a school or residential setting.

Qualified candidates are invited to apply in writing, giving full particulars as to education, qualifications and experience by visiting www.applytoeducation.com.  Please note there is no fee to apply for this position. You must apply under the actual job posting number 293492. In support of the Board’s signed Indigenous Protocol, applicants of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit descent may apply to fnmicareers@publicboard.ca. Please choose one submission method only. No other form of application will be accepted from external candidates.


As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, the Greater Essex County District School Board welcomes and encourages applicants from a broad range of cultural, ethnic, racial and gender identities, as well as from people with disabilities to apply and self-identify.  We will make the necessary accommodations for applicants to support all aspects of the recruitment process under AODA.  Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require assistance with any accommodations.                     


Sign in or create an account to apply to this posting.