The Chinook School Division requires a 1.0 FTE temporary Grade 7 teacher beginning February 3, 2020 through June 29, 2020 at Irwin School. Teaching responsibilities will include Grade 7 Homeroom, Math, Science, Health Careers, Grade 7 Art and Grade 8 Art. O.M. Irwin School is a K-8 school located in Swift Current with approx. 356 students and 24 teachers.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and an ability to work in a team environment;
- A teaching philosophy that reflects a constructivist and cooperative learning approach;
- Ability to work effectively within an environment which includes developing meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, PLC’s, professionals and community service agencies;
- Demonstrated ability to connect with youth in a student-centered learning environment in addition to having an interest or willingness to connect with students outside of the classroom;
- Successful teaching experience or training with Middle Years students;
- Sask. Professional A Teaching Certificate
Successful applicants must agree to a criminal records check including a vulnerable sector search. Interested applicants are asked to upload via ApplytoEducation a cover letter (indicating competition #2464), a résumé, complete with three references, university transcripts, and a copy of their most recent teaching appraisal to Ken Garinger, Superintendent of Human Resources by January 24, 2020 at 2:00PM. For more information about this position, please contact Principal, Arron Kohlman at 1-306-778-9270 or Superintendent of Schools, Kathy Robson at 1-306-778-9200.
While all applications are
appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.