Invites applications for the position of:
Under the direction of the Manager Maintenance and Capital Services, the Maintenance Controller is responsible for the maintenance of buildings and grounds within an assigned area including capital improvement projects and the directing of maintenance staff and external contractors.
- Investigate and process operating, preventative and predictive maintenance work order requests for assigned area of schools
- Plan, implement and execute capital improvement project plans that includes roofing, mechanical, electrical, structural, etc.
- Coordinate and ensure various systems and equipment at Board sites meet regulatory code requirements, fire inspections, and Municipal By-Laws; establish Maintenance guidelines and procedures
- Provide assistance and consultation to the Request For Proposals process by assessing potential service providers for various projects and service contracts
- Provide assistance and consultation to principals regarding school enhancement requests scope, specification, and contractors
- Coordinate and oversee the maintenance work flow and provide support to maintenance trade staff, ensuring the confidentiality of information and adhering to Board guidelines and procedures.
- Participates in staff selection process and in the grievance and disciplinary process as well as coordinates and participates in the health and safety training of the maintenance staff.
- Respond to emergencies as requested as well as be on 24 hour call for 7 days at a turn as per security schedule
- Assist in administering CUPE Local 1571 Agreement as it applies to the Maintenance Services Unit
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Advanced College Diploma in Architecture, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 4 – 5 years of previous work experience in building maintenance and managing construction projects
- Leadership experience in a unionized environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of Building Codes, Health and Safety Legislation, Ministry of Labour Standards, and union contracts
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of eBase Project Manager or other computerized maintenance management system
- Solid working level knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as Google Suite software
- Well organized and attentive to details.
- Strong analytical skills
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on November 22, 2019.
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The York Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an environment of diversity and accessibility.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Dominic Mazzotta Ab Falconi
Chair of the Board Director of Education