Regular English and French as a Second Language programs
Interviews will be held periodically as applications are received and reviewed
Sudbury Catholic Schools proudly continues to strengthen our long-standing tradition of Catholic Education in the City of Greater Sudbury through the unique partnerships that exist between our schools, parishes and parents/guardians. Blending tradition with innovation, our vision is to be leaders in learning and faith.
We anticipate being able to hire to our preferred call out list for September 2018, with many opportunities for long‐term assignments. Once in a long‐term assignment (11 days or more), the teacher is paid based on the current salary grid for Elementary or Secondary teachers and will be recognized for qualifications and years of experience.
Our Occasional Teachers have access to professional learning opportunities that will further develop their skills and abilities. Occasional teachers also enjoy a half day of professional development tailored to them on an annual basis. When in a long‐term assignment of 80 days or more, you will be invited to participate in training under the New Teacher Induction Program (NTIP).
As a daily occasional teacher, you will start building your financial future by contributing to the Teachers’ Pension Plan; you will also have access to an Employee Assistance Program. Once you reach the threshold number of days outlined in the Employee Life and Health Trust, you will also have access to a comprehensive benefit plan.
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Excellent English language communication skills, both oral and written (and French for those qualified to teach in a French Immersion/Core French setting)
- knowledge of evidence‐based assessment practices
- knowledge of early intervention strategies
- A commitment to supporting the use of technology in instruction and learning, and to promoting an environment of innovation and creativity that engages the 21st century learner
- Working knowledge of the IPRC process and the IEP, as they relate to planning and program
- Knowledge, experience and proven ability in utilizing differentiated instructional approaches within the classroom that support effective instruction and engages students
- An ability to implement a shared vision consistent with the principles of Catholic Education and integrating the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations throughout the curriculum
- Flexibility to be assigned in other subject/grades as the need arises
- A willingness to participate in the school’s ongoing literacy and numeracy initiatives
- Ability to implement effective classroom management strategies as demonstrated through practice teaching and other classroom experiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with students, staff, and parents
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide regular attendance
The daily rate is currently $236.37.
A satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector check is a condition of employment.
Please apply via sudburycatholicschools.simplication.com. Please submit a completed Catholic Teacher Application Package.
For further information, see our website www.sudburycatholicschools.ca. To apply to this job posting, click "Apply Online" below.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected for employee recruitment and selection purposes. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, or if you have questions about this collection of information, please contact the Human Resources Department at (705) 673-5620.
Thank you for your interest in Sudbury Catholic Schools.
Joanne Bénard Michael Bellmore
Director of Education Chair of the Board