Invites Applications for the position of
Saturday Supply International Language Instructors
For Cantonese and Mandarin Classes
EFFECTIVE: As required
- Experience working with children
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of the language applied for
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- An understanding of effective pedagogical practices
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Previous experience teaching International Languages
- Ability to integrate cultural and linguistic activities into the classroom
- International Languages Training Course Certificate
- All duties related to the planning, organization and supervision of classroom instruction
- Maintaining a daily log of activities, lessons and student attendance
- Instruct children at various levels of linguistic competence
- Implement a communicative language curriculum
- Assist students in the development of interpersonal, intercultural, and cooperative skills
- Participate in extracurricular activities
RATE OF PAY : $29.86 per hour
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The York Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an environment of diversity and accessibility.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Dominic Mazzotta Ab Falconi
Chair of the Board Director of Education