Invites applications for the position of:
Disability Support Coordinator
Exempt Level 6 $67,780 to $86,071
Under the direction of the Manager, Employee Health and Safety Services, the Disability Support Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and regular follow-up of sick leave absences for designated employee groups as well as assess, design and implement accommodation and/or return to work plans for non occupational and occupational injury, illness or disease.
In addition, the Disability Support Coordinator promotes and maintains a healthy workplace by carrying out various Health and Wellness Program Initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate high-volume Disability Management caseload for designated employee groups that includes regular ongoing employee contact and monitoring to ensure early intervention, appropriate recovery and safe return to work.
- Develop Individualized Accommodation Plan/Return to Work Plan which includes the assessment of the employee’s work capabilities, researching the employee’s role and responsibility, designing accommodation plan and implementing the plan .
- Coordinate the development of the Accommodation Plan/Return to Work Plan with the employee, his/her Principal/Vice-Principal or immediate supervisor, the appropriate treating medical provider(s), the employee’s union representative, Workplace Safety and insurance Board, LTD Insurance Carrier, Human Resources and Superintendent, as appropriate.
- Perform workplace assessments where required with the Principal/Vice-Principal or immediate supervisor to ensure compatibility of the employee’s work restrictions or limitations and the duties to be performed.
- Provide support and assist with preparation of submissions for grievances/arbitrations/hearings and act as representation.
- Monitor and review attendance information to determine trends and appropriate course of interventions where required.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to disability management to ensure optimal service delivery to employees.
- Actively participate on various committees to promote and support disability programs and Health and Wellness initiatives.
- Provide workstation and job site ergonomic assessments to measure a job’s potential for injury or fatigue as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary diploma in Human Resources, Occupational Therapy or related field.
- Return to Work or Disability Management courses or similar program preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing high volume disability caseload is required, preferably in a unionized environment
- Familiar with Parklane software considered an asset
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Superior facilitation skills to make suggestions and offer insight while remaining neutral.
- Ability to interpret various data sources to update records and detail oriented.
- Demostrated ability to prioritize and organinze workload demands
- Solid working level knowledge of Microsoft Office Software to create various reports and correspondence
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on December 9, 2019
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The York Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an environment of diversity and accessibility.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Dominic Mazzotta Ab Falconi
Chair of the Board Director of Education