This position is with an Equal Opportunity Employer on a calendar year basis and offers a wide range of assignments in a smoke-free environment. The Board operates 2 administration buildings and 20 facilities in 14 communities covering 7851 square kilometers for the welfare of 4,580 pupils. For more information visit our web site at: http://www.rccdsb.edu.on.ca
Reporting under Plant Services, these casual positions offer a wide range of cleaning and general maintenance duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the cleaning of the school, ensuring through inspection that standards of cleanliness are maintained;
- Perform monthly fire extinguisher checks and record;
- Perform maintenance of grounds, including the removal of snow/ice, lawn care, watering (does not pertain to all schools), etc., during season;
- Security of the building as required;
- Observing and reporting safety violations; actively participating in emergencies;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- One year of experience in commercial/institutional janitorial work
- Ability to lift in excess of 25 lbs;
- A good command of verbal and written English;
- The ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently and effectively;
- Training in and experience with WHMIS is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal and excellent organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, basic electricity, basic plumbing, yard maintenance, cleaning procedures and techniques, fire extinguishers, security systems;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
It is imperative that all NEW applicants to the Board submit an ORIGINAL current, satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest. however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
RCCDSB– Is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position, you should advise the HR Department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Director of Education