Reporting to the Principal, the designated Early Childhood Educator will be assigned to a kindergarten classroom and will partner with the classroom teacher and other support staff provide input and implement an early learning program within a Catholic classroom setting as well as provide supervision. The ECE will collaborate in the design and implementation of programs and environments which will enhance the children’s cognitive, physical, social, spiritual and emotional development. The ECE will perform all duties assigned by the Principal and/or Designate with respect to the Early Learning Program, in accordance with the Education Act and the policies and procedures of the Renfrew County Catholic District School Board.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a warm, positive, faith-filled environment in the classroom that is reflective of the Renfrew County Catholic District School Board’s Mission Statement and is conducive to children’s optimal growth and development.
- Implement the Early Learning Program in partnership with the kindergarten teacher by providing input in the development and delivering of daily play-based learning opportunities that support and promote holistic development of children, spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and physically with particular attention to individual student’s diverse needs, strengths, interests and stages of development.
- Work with school resource staff as well as Board and community resource and support services staff to support the needs of diverse learners including students requiring an Individual Educational Plan (IEP)
- Provide input in the planning, organization and implementation of classroom expectations and routines
- Observe, monitor, record (through means including developmental checklists and anecdotal reports, documentation, photographs, portfolios, etc.) and share student development with appropriate staff
- Provide input into the development of the report card and the Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Assist students with self-care, toileting, dressing or undressing, lunchtime and other nutritional activities and needs
- Participate and collaborate with the classroom teacher in student assessments and evaluations.
- Work in partnership with the Kindergarten teacher to provide input and implement a learning program based on the curriculum expectations that optimize student growth and development
- Post-Secondary Education from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education plus a minimum of 2 years experience
- Registered member of the College of Early Childhood Educators
- The ECE is responsible for ensuring that the up to date certificate is forwarded to Human Resources annually
- Applicants must have the ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential information in a discrete manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to enrol in CPR and First Aid as required
- Cultural sensitivity
- Working knowledge of computers and relevant software programs
- Willing to participate in ongoing learning
- Be a member of the collaborate team
- Capable of working with a wide variety of students with special needs
- Demonstrated competency in oral and written communication skills
- A broad knowledge of child development and teaching skills
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting students
- Regular to frequent requirement, and as needed to lift children, including bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, pushing and pulling
- Ability and willingness to perform required physical tasks
CLOSING: All interested applicants must include a cover letter with an updated resume summarizing qualifications and experience; proof of registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators; proof of College Diploma and/or University Degree and a current pastoral letter of reference.
- Applications sent directly to the schools or to Human Resources will NOT be considered.
- We thank all candidates for their interest.Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- It is imperative that all new applicants to the Board submit an ORIGINAL current, satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of employment.
- If you have already been hired to be on the Casual List you DO NOT need to reapply to this posting.
Interviews will be scheduled via personal email
RCCDSB– Is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position, you should advise the HR Department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Director of Education