French Immersion Teacher - Gr 2
St Joseph the Worker CES, Thornhill
LTO 100% - Effective Immediately to open-ended
Posted from: November 26, 2019
French Immersion Teachers will be teaching the French Immersion program with the following grades and locations in the 2019-2020 school year:
- Grade 1 - 5 at St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Marguerite D’Youville
- Grades 1 - 6 at St. Francis Xavier, St. Joseph the Worker and St John XXIII
- Grades 1 - 7 at Our Lady of Fatima
- Grades 1 - 8 at St. Edward, Christ the King, St John Bosco, Blessed Trinity, St, Joseph, Aurora, St Elizabeth Seton, St Anthony, St Mark and St Brendan
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Provide students with access to an intensive French language learning environment delivered within a Catholic context
- Deliver the Grades 1 - 3 program with approximately 85% of instructional time in French
- Deliver the Grades 4 - 8 program with approximately 50% of instructional time in French
- FSL – Part 1 and/or other French qualifications as recorded on Ontario College of Teachers Certificate
- High degree of oral and written proficiency in the French language
- Primary and/or Junior and/or Intermediate Division Qualifications
- Experience teaching in the Primary and/or Junior and/or Intermediate Division
- Trained in the Accelerated Integrated Method (AIM/Gestures)
- FSL – Part 2 or Specialist
- Knowledge of Balanced Literacy and Numeracy practices in the Primary and/or Junior and/or Intermediate Division
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to share a Junior classroom
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The York Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an environment of diversity and accessibility.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Dominic Mazzotta Ab Falconi
Chair of the Board Director of Education