Invites applications for the position of:
Psychologist / Psychological Associate
OSSTF - PSSP
Salary Range: $75,545 to $104,350 (MA)
Salary Range: $80,732 to $109,537 (Ph.D)
As registered members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario, Psychologists/Psychological Associates provide assessment, consultation and short term support for students presenting with academic, social, emotional and behavioural challenges.
Psychologists/Psychological Associates support school personnel, students and their families to meet various psychological needs and promote learning and development.
- Conduct psychological assessments of students presenting with academic, social- emotional, and learning difficulties to assist in the provision of educational services.
- Provide consultation services on the intellectual, social and emotional development of students to Board staff and parents.
- Provide consultation to teachers, administrators, resource staff and parents/guardians regarding students with learning, personal adjustment or developmental concerns for the purpose of program planning
- Respond to any school crisis, including student at risk of self-harm or school-wide response to a tragic event, as requested by school administrator or chief psychologist.
- Communicate and liaise with relevant professionals, including private practitioners and agencies, to ensure a coordinated effort in supporting the needs of students
- Facilitate student’s access to services offered by community agencies.
- Provide short term supportive intervention to students experiencing personal or family crisis, in order to promote stability or while they are on a wait list for outside agency services.
- Attend case conferences and IPRCs to present Psychological information that is pertinent to the student’s program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree or PhD in Applied Psychology (School, Clinical, Counselling) with a focus on adolescents and children
- Registered with the College of Psychologist of Ontario, or eligible for registration
- 4 - 5 years experience in a school environment administering assessments with children and adolescents preferred
- Valid Ontario Driver's Licence and access to a vehicle
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on December 13, 2019.
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The York Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an environment of diversity and accessibility.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Dominic Mazzotta Ab Falconi
Chair of the Board Director of Education