Invites applications for the position of:
Assistant Manager Service and Operations, Student Transportation Services
Exempt Level 7C $79,596 to $98,012
Student Transportation Services of York Region (STSYR) is the transportation consortium for the York Catholic District School Board (YCDSB), and the York Region District School Board (YRDSB). STSYR provides safe, effective and efficient transportation service to more than 54,000 students and over 300 schools covering more than 90,000 kilometers daily.
Under the direction of the Manager of Student Transportation Services of York Region, the Assistant Manager will assist in planning, directing, and coordinating the work of staff in the Student Transportation Services Consortium as well as resolve service issues and complaints, and develop recommendations to improve processes and procedures to ensure safe and efficient student transportation.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work flow for Transportation Planners and the Route Efficiency Analyst.
- Lead, direct, and assist the Route Efficiency Analyst in annual route planning and ongoing route review.
- Respond to and/or assist staff with transportation inquiries and service concerns from various stakeholders.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of key projects, initiatives and processes within STS for long term planning.
- Assist with the development of RFPs, reports, and communication material as required.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and monitoring of Transportation policies and procedures.
- Lead and direct the Transportation Safety Analyst as it relates to safety programs to ensure they are being delivered, monitored, and evaluated in accordance with Board standards.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of school bus contractors and taxi operators to ensure contract adherence.
- Provide advice to Boards pertaining to accommodation studies, boundary planning, walking routes to school, and non-transportation eligibility inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Planning or equivalent
- OASBO/NAPT certificate in Pupil Transportation Management preferred
- Five years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in student transportation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of a variety of software including GIS software and MS Office Suite
Interested applicants may apply until the close of business on February 24th, 2020.
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The York Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an environment of diversity and accessibility.
Catholic Education Centre
320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario L4G 0M1 - (905) 713-1211
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Maria Marchese Ab Falconi
Chair of the Board Director of Education