Reporting to the Principal, the successful candidate will contribute to the success of every student and the school by performing general secretarial and administrative responsibilities in a busy complex elementary or high school office. Responsibilities could include reception and attendance duties, communication with teachers, parents, students and external contacts, record keeping, compiling and maintaining databases, school banking, preparing and submitting purchase requisitions and financial information, and other related duties as assigned.
- A two-year Community College Diploma in Administrative Assistant/Business Administration, plus a minimum of 2-5 FTE years clerical/secretarial experience preferably in a school environment;
- Proficient knowledge and ability in computer software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Maplewood, BASS, Schoolcash.Net Web Based Program, schoolcashonline.com, MS Publisher, My Blueprint, ISYS, Easy Connect, databases and applications used for accounting/finance;
- Excellent secretarial, interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management, and leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and conflicting priorities with a minimum amount of direction; always exercising maturity, tact, professionalism, discretion and confidentiality;
- A strong working knowledge of Maplewood, familiarity with school procedures, reports, etc. would be assets.
CLOSING: All interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume including details of qualifications, experience and professional references.
- Applications sent directly to the schools or to Human Resources will NOT be considered.
- We thank all candidates for their interest.Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- It is imperative that all new applicants to the Board submit an ORIGINAL current, satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of employment.
- If you have already been hired to be on the Casual List you DO NOT need to reapply to this posting.
Interviews will be scheduled via personal email
RCCDSB– Is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position, you should advise the HR Department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Director of Education